Don't let the difficulties of the present moments overshadow the reality of God's promises. God's promises still stand. And God's promises are stronger than our failures.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Some Blocks Just Need...

To be stitched by hand!



My quilt guild makes a raffle quilt every year...this is one of the two blocks I made for the next quilt. It has lots of diamonds which means lots of bias edges. I knew hand piecing was the only way to go with this one, and I'm so glad I did.

This is a picture of the pattern we're using. Isn't it gorgeous?



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

17 comments:

Needled Mom said...

That is just gorgeous. Those blocks will make a stunning raffle quilt.

Jayne Honnold said...

Very pretty! I love that you hand-stitched it.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Very pretty block and stunning quilt.

Createology said...

Your blocks are beautiful in their perfection. I actually like hand sewing. It takes longer but I feel more connected to my work. Blissful Stitching...

Ray and Jeanne said...

Beautiful quilt! Sometimes it is fun (and necessary) to hand piece. It always seems to be worth the effort - yours is gorgeous! I wonder if the quilting on that quilt was hand quilted?!?! ~Jeanne

Michelle said...

Very pretty!

Julie Fukuda said...

Envy the person who wins that! That is a lovely block.

Rhonda M said...

So gorgeous! The person who wins this year's raffle blocks is one lucky woman.

Karen said...

Well done. I like the curved stems in this pattern version. Years ago, I won a quilt made with a version of this block.

Jacqueline said...

I would love to win these blocks. No, I would love to win the quilt.

Sheila said...

Beautiful block and gorgeous colors , this will be a stunning quilt !

Denise :) said...

Beautiful, Marlene -- just beautiful!! :)

Carrie P. said...

hand piecing. good for you. yes, it is a beautiful quilt.

nanny said...

Yes that pattern is wonderful.......

molly said...

Stunning! The quilting on the white parts looks gorgeous too!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

I taught that quilt many years ago at the local quilt shop. It was so much fun and I loved seeing how everyone's turned out. Such a beautiful block.
xx

Ellen said...

That is a great block and yours is beautiful.