Don't let the difficulties of the present moments overshadow the reality of God's promises. God's promises still stand. And God's promises are stronger than our failures.

Friday, June 22, 2012

Please Identify Yourself!

Earlier this week I had a little time on my hands so I read a blog or two, or twenty seven.  I'm not sure.  But on one of the blogs I saw a cute lingerie bag that the blogger had added binding to - very cute idea.  I told myself to remember who posted this so I could come back to it.  I wasn't on my computer so I couldn't save it or pin it but I figured I'd remember.

I remember she bought her bags at Target - a 2 for $something bargain.  I was going to WalMart that day so I bought 4.  Why buy 2 when you can buy 4, right?  They were less than a dollar by the way.  I would tell you how many cents they were if I could find a cents sign on this computer but I can't and I refuse to write $.99.  Oops, I just wrote it.

I remember she said bias binding would have been better but she used straight binding and it worked for her. If it worked for her it would work for me, right?  It didn't.  Well, it did, but not so good.

Here's the thing I don't remember....the one thing I thought I WOULD remember.  Who the heck was it who posted that?  I've looked back at my reader, which had to be where it was, but either the title isn't what I thought it might be or I'm misremembering the whole thing.  In light of what I know about my memory I'd bet I'm misremembering.  Anyway, whoever you are, please identify yourself!  I have questions and a sad story.

Edit:  Thanks to those who had better memories than me! the blog post I saw was by Lori Holt at Bee In My Bonnet.  You can find it here.

First I had no blue thread here to go with my blue fabric.  I used gray, which wasn't so bad.  Or so good.

Then I broke a needle.  No worries, I had two left.

Then, this happened.


Wrinkled and pleated.  Just like parts of  my body.  I didn't just say that.  Oh, by the way, if you make this and you're thinking of taking pictures on your desk which has a glass top, don't.


A bit blurry, but I bet you get the picture.  Trust me, you'd rather this wasn't clear.  Ugly isn't it?

Now, if you stand back a ways and, as my mother might have said, ride by it on a galloping horse, it might not look bad.


And if you wash your dirty underwear in it the binding is going to shrink and wrinkle more because I forgot I hadn't prewashed, and it might even end up looking good.  I'm dreaming, right?



16 comments:

Bobbie said...

i believe it was lori holt over @ be in my bonnet

grandmarockton said...

IT'S ART just enjoy no need to explain----------- we all do it!

Carol said...

Here you go...
http://beeinmybonnetco.blogspot.com/2012/06/cute-and-easy-laundry-bag.html
I saw it too and loved it!

WandaFish said...

Lol, Carol beat me to it! I thought it was cute too.
I also came across this one:
http://www.noodle-head.com/2011/08/one-of-those-projects.html
Better luck with the next one :)

FabricFascination said...

"Now, if you stand back a ways and, as my mother might have said, ride by it on a galloping horse, it might not look bad."

You make me laugh! I have made many of these whoopsie projects myself.

Love Bears All Things said...

I love the way you tell the tale.....it looks fine to me and you're using it in the laundry room, right, so it'll be fine. I use these all the time and sometimes they get little tears after years of use. This was a good idea..
I'm wishing they made these larger, I need something like this to store my potatoes and onions in from the garden so they can breathe.

By the way, I am a big fan of Diana Gabaldon.
Blessings,
Mama Bear

paulette said...

How many people are going to see the bag where you put your dirty undies into...I rest my case! Looks good to me...haha
P

Tracy P. said...

You know me well enough that I can say to you--this is hilarious on so many fronts. My husband says, when you have a hammer everything looks like a nail. I cannot for the life of me figure out why you would take time and effort to embellish a laundry bag, but I obviously don't love my sewing machine! I am in awe of the rounded corner--you are amazing!

Needled Mom said...

I saw those too and thought they looked so cute. Maybe I won't give them a try.

Susannah said...

This is not like you! I always admire your projects because everything is so perfect! BUT....I love the way you tell a story!!!

Gmama Jane said...

You have joined our Family's motto: Every mistake or bump in the road is simply a story in the making! The best stories are born in adversity. The ability to poke fun at yourself allows you to not take yourself so seriously and isn't that a great way to go thru life?? Great story, Marlene! Funny!!
Blessings
Gmama Jane

Love Of Quilts said...

http://beeinmybonnetco.blogspot.com

Denise :) said...

I love your writing style... and your blog is such fun to read!! Thanks for sharing, and I'm glad you figured out who the mystery blogger was! :)

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Thanks for the tutorial!
I think yours is absolutely darling.
Your narrative was priceless.

em's scrapbag said...

So glad you were able to find what you were looking for. Lori is so talented. Thanks for sharing the link.

Teresa said...

I checked out the website and her bag really is cute. Doesn't it make you mad when someone else makes it look soooooo easy.