Don't let the difficulties of the present moments overshadow the reality of God's promises. God's promises still stand. And God's promises are stronger than our failures.

Monday, October 5, 2009

What Was I Thinking?


SEPTEMBER GOALS:
1. Applique 6 blocks of the wool sampler. I only got five done but I just love this sampler! And yes there are six blocks here because I started writing this post several days and since then I've completed the sixth one. :) I'm ready to put the sashing on these and then I'll start the borders.

































2. Complete 4 blocks of the redwork baby quilt. That didn't happen. I did get one done but didn't realize how much detail there is on that quilt. I'll show you a picture next month.
3. Embroider and make 2 redwork baby bibs. I'm more than half way good with these - I finished the redwork for both but only actually made one bib so far. My sewing machine started having a problem which I've since corrected so this week I'll make the other one.
4. Embroider one fall tea towel. Nope, didn't get this started.

5. Embroider one fall wall hanging. I drew it onto the fabric. That's good right?

6. Get two pumpkin applique blocks put together. What was I thinking? It takes me a couple of hours apiece to put these blocks together - maybe more! There weren't that many extra hours in my month!

7. Applique the border for the sampler quilt. Haven't started - does it count that I got the leaves and flowers ironed on and it's all ready to stitch?
At the beginning of the year when I decided to put monthly goals I thought it would really inspire me to work hard. Now I've decided I work hard all the time anyway! but that doesn't mean I get more done. Maybe I should work harder on inventing a way to add more hours to my day. Then I'd be a billionaire and I wouldn't have to do all the housework, errands, etc. that take time away from my sewing. :) Wouldn't it be nice to tell someone each morning: today go to the pharmacy, the cleaners, the library and WalMart. Then mop the kitchen, dust the ceiling fans, and clean out the living room closet. When you're done .... I think I'd like that!

3 comments:

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

Awesome wool blocks. I can tell the appliques are wool, is the background fabric wool too? Will you make them into a quilt?

Lori said...

Lovin the wool blocks! That's on my bucket list of things to learn to do.

Tracy P. said...

Your work is so gorgeous! I wish I got half as much done as you do!