Don't let the difficulties of the present moments overshadow the reality of God's promises. God's promises still stand. And God's promises are stronger than our failures.

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Utter Chaos!

Well my attempt to post a blog a day in May failed miserably on May 3! I sure didn't make it far, did I? But I have a really good excuse......I had 30 people at my house for supper and 10 spending the night. Every time I tried to sneak in to the computer someone caught me and wanted something to eat or I had to wash dishes, or someone wanted to know where something was or I was washing dishes, or some kid was getting too close to the lake or I was washing dishes. You get the picture. This morning most of them are still asleep or on the deck reading the paper or, in the case of children, piled up in my bed watching cartoons. I've decided not to attempt church since I only have two very small bathrooms and can't imagine getting everyone up, fed, showered, dressed, and out the door on time. Hope everyone else who is trying to post every day in May is doing better than me!


The oldest person at my house this weekend is my aunt who will be 70 in December and is blind. Riding back from the cemetary (a 2 hour + trip) I suggested she get a little nap since she had gotten up at 3:00 yesterday morning to get there on time. She said, "absolutely not! I only get to see all my family once a year and I'm not missing one minute...I'll sleep tonight!" What a wonderful attitude. The youngest member, on the other hand, obviously didn't feel that way. She slept almost the whole time but since she was only 6 days old we all forgave her as we passed her around.

I promise to do better the rest of the month....or not. I might just take off for a week and go camping instead! Right now the peace and quiet of the deep woods sounds pretty inviting.

No comments: